SASA Audiovisual Archives
In view of the need to digitalize various forms of the cultural, artistic, scientific and natural heritage of Serbia and the Serbian people, the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts has formed a division called SASA Audiovisual Archives and Digitalization Center. The activities of the division include::
- Professional processing, digitalization, long-term storage and presentation of digitalized records of the cultural, artistic and scientific heritage kept by SASA;
- Collection, professional processing, digitalization, long-term storage and presentation of digitalized records of the entire cultural, artistic, scientific and natural heritage of Serbia and the Serbian people held/kept by other institutions;
- Establishment of digitalization standards that all cultural institutions in Serbia may apply;
- Identification, collection and digitalization of the heritage that has not been identified as yet or is dispersed among various institutions, archives or private collections both in Serbia and abroad; and
- Digitalization of heritage in situ because artifacts cannot be moved due to their age, delicacy or great value.
The digitalized material will be accessible to the general public and Serbian and foreign researchers.