The SASA Library is open on workdays.
The reading room is open from 8 am to 8 pm.
The Catalogue and the Depository are accessible from 8 am to 2 pm.
The SASA Library is closed to the public from July 15 to August 15.
Between July 1 and July 15 and between August 15 and August 31, the Library is open from 8 am to 3 pm.
Only adult citizens can become members of the SASA Library.
Taking out membership of the SASA Library is free of charge. The only requirement is a small-size photograph of the applicant and his/her identity card.
USAGE OF THE LIBRARY MATERIALS
All of the printed and digitalized materials of the SASA Library may be used only in the reading room.
A 52-seat reading room, computers for searching catalogues, free access to electronic databases of periodicals and books within KoBSON, free wireless Internet access, and a microfilm reader are all at the disposal of the users.
The Library also has a separate reading room for SASA members.
No publication may be reproduced in its entirety.
Requests for old and rare books and publications in special libraries must be made one day in advance.
Conventional and electronic catalogues are available to users.
Electronic data processing was introduced in 1990. Since 2012, as provided in the Law on library and information activities, the SASA Library is one of the five pillars of the unified library information system of the Republic of Serbia and has been actively participating in the creation of an electronic catalogue of the Virtual Library of Serbia within COBISS in cooperation with 200 libraries.
- Catalogue of authors (alphabetical) – for materials received prior to 1990;
- Catalogue of old and rare books;
- Catalogue of microfilms;
- Catalogue of cartographic materials;
- Catalogue of special libraries – for libraries donated prior to 1990.
- SANUBIB – internal electronic catalogue of all types of material, kept between 1990 and 2012; accessible solely in the SANU Library;
- COBISSANU (линк) – electronic catalogue of all types of material, accessible on the Internet; kept since 2012;
- KoBSON (линк) – A consortium that provides free access to electronic databases of foreign journals and books thanks to financial support of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development.