User services during COVID-19 epidemic
To ensure the health of everyone on the premises of the SASA Library, user services are organized under all epidemiological and social distancing guidelines as follows:
- Reading room opening hours are 9.00 a.m. – 3.00 p.m., Catalogue room 9.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m.
- The number of users is limited to 15 in the Reading room and three in the Catalogue room
- Users will need to seat at the designated seats in the Reading room
- Maintain a two-metre physical distance from the staff at all times
- Users must not roam the halls of the SASA Palace
- On arrival at the SASA Palace, please use disinfectant mats, show your membership card to a clerk at the entry and use a hand sanitiser.
- Keep your protective masks on at all times on premises of the SASA Library
- The surfaces coming in contact with users are disinfected several times a day (handles, desks, issue desk, cloakroom desk, etc.)
- We kindly ask users, if possible, to check the publication availability by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the phone number 0112027239;
- These guidelines will be posted on the SASA website and at the entrance of the Library.
Only citizens older than 18 can be users of the SASA Library.
The membership at the SASA Library is free of charge. To become a member you will need to bring a smaller size photo and your ID card.
USAGE OF THE LIBRARY MATERIALS
The entire library and information records are by default used at the Reading Rooms.
There are 52 seats available to users as well as computers for browsing the catalogues, free access to the electronic base of journals and books within the KoBSON system, free wireless internet access and a microfilm viewer.
The Library also has a special reading room designed for SASA members. Only parts of a publication may be reproduced not the entire issue.
Old and rare books and publications which are parts of particular libraries are ordered a day in advance and are used from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Card and electronic catalogues are available to users.
Electronic cataloguing of publications started in 1990. According to the Law on Library and Information Activities, the SASA Library has been one of five pillars of a unique library-information system of the Republic of Serbia since 2011, and with nearly 200 libraries it has actively participated in the compiling of a mutual online catalogue of the Virtual Library of Serbia in the COBISS system.
- Author (alphabet) catalogue – for materials up to the year 1990;
- Catalogue of old and rare books;
- Microfilm catalogue;
- Catalogue of cartographic materials;
- Catalogue of particular libraries – for libraries received prior to 1990.
Electronic catalogues and platforms:
- SANUBIB – an internal electronic catalogue of all types of records and materials kept between 1990 – 2012, available exclusively at the SASA Library
- COBISSANU (link) – an electronic catalogue of all types of records and materials, available online, kept since 2012;
- KoBSON (link) – a consortium which, thanks to the funding of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, provides free-of-charge access to electronic bases of foreign scientific journals and books.